Monday, December 6, 2010

A Thanksgiving to Rembmer! 2010

This thanksgiving was an interesting one, my first real holiday home from my mission and I wasn't with my immediate family, that for starters was interesting, but the group that did get together was the most interesting part.  See I bummed a ride from a friend up to Salt Lake on Tuesday.  There was a huge storm headed our way so in order it beat it we headed up early and got there with only a few hours to spare... it snowed for a few hours but gave up early. So the next morning Grandpa Allgood and I headed to Richfield to spend a few days with my great aunt and uncle Gale and Verl.  They are wonderful.
I remember when I was going to school at snow college in Ephraim back in the fall of 2004 I spent the whole thanksgiving break with them-- I learned how to crochet and had a ball, this time however was a little different.  I was buried in homework, I had several projects and assignments to do and on top of that I wanted to get started on studying for my finals.
So we talked and grandpa told stories and we caught up on life.  Thanksgiving day was fun, the turkey didn't get finished in time for dinner so we ate all the fixings and later that night the turkey finally got finished.  So we had turkey for dinner!! I was pretty much the youngest one there, which was fun for a while, then I got bored and want interaction with people about my own age anyway... so which is worse... being surrounded by way old people and no one my age or being surrounded by people younger than me and having no one my age!! I don't know but I'm pretty sure I like to be around people at last closer too my age.
So Sat. morning we headed back for Salt Lake and Grandpa was worried that we would be stuck in the storm that didn't come until late that night, Jeff picked me up from Grandpa's and we headed home.  Jeff picked up some food and then we watched the BYU vs Utah rivalry game.  BYU played a great game, but the refs weren't on our side so they bad some bad calls that allowed Utah to get just barely ahead... and the last play of the game, as we were kicking a field goal for the win, a Utah player came around and jumped in front of the kicker and we lost the game!  What a great game it was though.
So that was my wonderful thanksgiving break!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.